- FINAL RESULTS: selection for the admission to the phd program in Physics - 36th cycle, NOT reserved positions
- Fifth session: partial results of the oral proofs, for NOT reserved positions in the phd program in Physics: July 3rd, 2020
- Fourth session: partial results of the oral proofs, for NOT reserved positions in the phd program in Physics: July 2nd, 2020
- Third session: partial results of the oral proofs, for NOT reserved positions in the phd program in Physics: July 1st, 2020
- Second partial results of the oral proofs, for NOT reserved positions in the phd program in Physics: June 30th, 2020
- First partial results of the oral proofs, for NOT reserved positions in the PhD program in Physics: June 29th, 2020
- Results of the assessment of cv, academic titles, qualifications, for NOT reserved positions in the PhD program in Physics; shortlisted candidates
- Final results of the assessment of cv, academic titles, qualifications, and oral proofs for RESERVED positions in the phd program in Physics
- Results of the assessment of cv, academic titles, qualifications, for RESERVED positions in the PhD program in Physics; shortlisted candidates
The last call for the selection for the PhD program in Physics (36th cycle) at the
University of Naples "Federico II" has been closed on May 26th, 2020.
The 36th cycle if the PhD program in Physics has just been (July 2020)
accredited by the Ministry of University and Research
Applicants were accepted who have the MSc degree (or a corresponding academic qualification), or able to achieve it by and no later than October 31st, 2020.
Selection process and requirements
The admission to PhD in Physics at the Department of Physics of the University of Naples Federico II requires passing a selection based on the assessment of academic qualifications and an oral examination (in Italian or English).
A selection committee will shortlist the applicants to be interviewed on the base of their CV, qualifications (MSc Diploma is usually required for admission, or an equivalent degree in a subject related to the PhD program: however, a qualified four-year bachelor might also be considered sufficient) and references (candidates are asked to propsoe the names and contact information of at least two faculty members who can provide us a letter of reference).
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by web-conference (e.g. Skype).
Two scholarships are reserved for NOT Italian applicants, NOT resident in Italy.
One further scholarship is reserved for applicants graduated abroad.
A further scholarship has been assigned to the PhD program in Physics by the Chilean government, specifically devoted to applicants from that Country.
How to apply
Full text of the call for admission of applicants to the PhD Programs, file "Attachment A" (listing all the PhD programs), and the list of PhD Programs with reserved positions for foreigners are available at the webpage
(in order to enter there, please, set previously your browser in English).
Once filled the application form you'll find in that website at the link "Application form", print it out, undersign it, and send it at email@example.com attaching the scanned version of the following documents:
1) University degrees. Attach both of the following items:
- Official certificate issued by the University of each the relevant degrees obtained (e.g., bachelor, master or equivalent), including the indication of the specific study program attended and of all the examinations taken. If these certificates are not in one of the following languages: either Italian, English, French, Spanish or German, then you will have to add a legal translation into one of these languages (warning: to be legal, the translation must be confirmed by your local Italian Embassy or Consulate as "faithful to the original").
- Academic curriculum, including a list of all courses and examinations taken, with a short description of their contents, and marks. Include also a brief description of the grading system used in your country/university and, if possible, information about the grade statistical distribution (e.g., the percentile of students obtaining that grade or higher).
2) References. Please include in your message the names and contact information of at least two faculty members who can send us their recommendation letter for you.
3) Curriculum vitae
4) Further scientific/academic qualifications and information that in your judgment should be taken into account, such as
(note: none of the following items is mandatory to apply):
- List of scientific publications, if any.
- List of grants, fellowships or studentships obtained for attending a PhD program or to carry out study and research, indicating the starting date, the duration and the amount awarded.
- Post-graduate degrees obtained, if any (excluding those already reported above).
- Academic/scientific/study awards.
- Score of any standard test used for admission in University programs at various levels in your country and internationally, adding the contact information (link, e-mails, etc.) of the Organizations which may eventually certify to us your test results [particularly valuable for us are GRE-general [and GRE-Physics for the present call] - tests (GRE = Graduate Record Examination, see its web-site for information). Note: if you have taken these tests, besides mentioning your scores for each separate section of the test (e.g., verbal, quantitative, analytical writing), ask also GRE organization to send the scores directly to us, using our institution code: 7133]
- a brief statement (maximum 1 page) about your scientific interests you would like to pursue.
Results concerning the assessment of degrees and qualifications of the selection will be posted on this website on June 25th, 2020; shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (via skype) starting from June 29th, 2020.
Selection of candidates will consist of a preselection (with a shortlist) based on the documentation included in the application, and a subsequent oral examination or web-conference based interview (e.g. using skype).
For any information request please contact:
Prof. Vincenzo Canale (coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Guido Celentano (secretary) email@example.com