ERASMUS incoming student webpage
The Physics Department is currently the largest Physics Department in Italy, with more than 120 academic staff members and about 80 post-doc and Ph.D. students, covering all of the main Physics research fields. The Department goal is the development of scientific culture and the academic training up to the Ph.D. level.
- Erasmus students application procedure
- How to reach Naples
- Upon arrival in Naples
- Health-care information
- Academic calendar
- Attending courses
- Web docenti and Wi-Fi
- Pin Code
- Before leaving
- Italian Courses
- Student canteen
- Sports facilities
- Tourist information
- Useful Information: Emergency Numbers
Classes and programs:
The Physics Department hosts 3 Physics courses:
- 1st level Physics (Laurea Triennale in Fisica) is the basic physics program lasting 3 years; basic physics, math and lab classes are thought within this program.
- 2nd level Physics (Laurea Magistrale in Fisica) is the advanced program for students that already obtained their 1st level degree; it allows students to specialise in specific fields choosing among several different curricula; advanced classes are thought within this program.
- 1st level Optics and Optometry (Laurea Triennale in Ottica ed Optometria) is a program lasting 3 years allowing to specialise in Optics and Optometry, designed to prepare the students for professional activities in these fields.
- A PhD program in Theoretical and Applied Physics.
- Elenco dei docenti, insegnamenti e programmi (list of teachers, classes and teaching programs): here you'll find links to the content of each active course. For additional information you can contact the professor in charge of the class.
- Guida dello Studente (Student Guide): this is the main document illustrating the structure of the Physics program, the list of classes, the semester of each class and the number of credits (CFU). Although the document is in Italian the main tables describing the classes, the semesters and the beginning and end of each semester should be easy to understand.