Final results of the selection (assessment of qualifications, academic titles, research project; and oral proof) to be admitted to the 36th cycle of the PhD program in Quantum Technologies are now available:
The last call concerning the selection to be admitted to the PhD program in Quantum Technologies (36th cycle),
published on April 23rd, 2020, has been closed on May 26th, 2020.
The 36th cycle if the PhD program in Quantum Technologies is now still undergoing an accreditation process by the Ministry of University and Research: it will be confimed and will start only in case of a positive assessment.
Applicants were accepted who have the MSc degree (or a corresponding academic qualification), or able to achieve it by and no later than October 31st, 2020.
Selection process and requirements
The admission to PhD program in Quantum Technologies at the Department of Physics of the University of Naples Federico II (jointly with University of Camerino and CNR - Italian National Research Council, site of Florence) requires passing a selection based on the assessment of academic qualifications and of a statement of scientific purpose / research proposal (ie, a possible research project, on a 3- years basis), followed by an oral examination (in Italian or English).
A selection committee will shortlist the applicants to be interviewed, on the base of their CV, qualifications (MS Diploma, or an equivalent degree in a subject related to the PhD program, is usually required for admission: however, a qualified four-year bachelor might also be considered sufficient) and references (candidates are asked to provide the names and contact information of at least two faculty members who can furnish a letter of reference). And on the basis of the statement of their scientific purpose.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an oral examination or interviewed by web-conference (e.g. Skype).
How to apply
Full text of the call for PhD Programs at the University of Naples "Federico II", the file "Attachment A" (listing all the PhD programs), and the list of PhD Programs with open positions for foreigners are till available on the website
(please, set previously your browser in English).
The application form had to be filled directly in that website, then it had to be printed out and sent to the email account firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the scanned version of the following documents:
1) University degrees. Attach both of the following items:
- Official certificate issued by the University about each of the relevant degrees obtained (e.g., bachelor, master or equivalent), including the indication of the specific study program attended and of all the examinations taken. If these certificates are not in one of the following languages: either Italian, English, French, Spanish or German, then you will have to add a legal translation into one of these languages (warning: to be legal, the translation must be confirmed by your local Italian Embassy or Consulate as "faithful to the original").
- Academic curriculum vitae, including a list of all courses and examinations taken, with a short description of their contents and with the corresponding marks obtained. Include also a brief explanation of the grading system used in your country/university and, if possible, information about the grade statistical distribution (e.g., the percentile of students obtaining that grade or higher).
2) References. It is required to include in the message by the applicant the names and contact information of at least two faculty members who can furnish a letter of reference for her/him.
3) Curriculum vitae
4) A short presentation of a research proposal concerning a scientific item of interest of the phd program (see at the webpage http://www.phd-qt.unina.it/index.php/research-topics/ )
5) Further scientific/academic qualifications and information that in your judgment should be taken into account, such as (note: none of the following items is mandatory for applying):
- List of scientific publications, if any.
- List of grants, fellowships or studentships obtained for attending a PhD program or to carry out study and research, indicating the starting date, the duration and the amount awarded.
- Post-graduate degrees obtained, if any (excluding those already reported above.
- Academic/scientific/study awards.
- Score of any standard test used for admission in University programs at various levels in your country and internationally, adding the contact information (link, e-mails, etc.) of the Organizations which may eventually certify to us your test results [particularly valuable for us are GRE-general [and GRE-Physics or similar for the present call] - tests (GRE = Graduate Record Examination, see its web-site for information). Note: if you have taken these tests, besides mentioning your scores for each separate section of the test (e.g., verbal, quantitative, analytical writing), ask also GRE organization to send the scores directly to us, using our institution code: 7133]
36th cycle of the program in Quantum Technologies offers 13 positions (11 funded with academic grants).
Per il 36° ciclo la selezione per l'ammissione al Dottorato in Quantum Technologies, oltre che la valutazione dei titoli, prevede anche la valutazione di un progetto di ricerca che ogni candidato è invitato a presentare insieme alla documentazione da sottoporre alla Commissione.
A questa "doppia" valutazione segue la prova orale.
La sola domanda di partecipazione al concorso (senza quindi alcuna altra documentazione) andava inoltrata telematicamente, secondo le modalità ben riportate nel bando di ateneo reperibile al link
entro le ore 12 del 26 maggio 2020.
Tutta la documentazione relativa al curriculum vitae et studiorium del candidato, con gli altri titoli accademici, o di competenze linguistiche o informatiche, attestati di partecipazione a Scuole, conferenze, stages.., eventuali pubblicazioni o brevetti... andrà invece inviata, insieme alla ricevuta di attestazione del versamento di 50 euro per la partecipazione al concorso, al modulo stesso di domanda già inoltrato telematicamente, ed al progetto di ricerca...
.. all'account della segreteria del dottorato di ricerca presso il Dipartimento di Fisica dell'Università di Napoli "Federico II":
entro il successivo 10 giugno 2020.
I risultati della valutazione dei titoli e del progetto di ricerca verranno pubblicati il 18 giugno, alle ore 17.
Le prove orali si terranno, in via telematica, a partire dal 23 giugno.
Ulteriori informazioni potranno essere richieste alla segreteria del dottorato - tramite mail - all'indirizzo sopra riportato, o per telefono, contattando il al nr. 081 676870 (se riprenderanno le regolari attività di lavoro presso il Dipartimento di Fisica)